|We have a total of 367 members.
Our membership and programme committee chalks out programmes for the year and has its eyes
and ears open to public and social issues and responds to the needs affecting society
particularly focussing on women and children.
The YWCA has numerous activities and programmes that members are invited to contribute and
be a part of. Membership is open to women and girls irrespective of religion, community,
creed, social or economic status.
Types of Membership:
Membership is of three types
Any woman who is a Christian and is eighteen years of age or over, and acknowledges a
personal commitment to the Christian Basis, and accepts the Aim shall be entitled to
Electoral Membership in the Association.
Any woman eighteen years of age or above, who is in sympathy with the Aim, but does not
subscribe to the Christian Basis may become an Associate Member of the Association,
without the right to nominate, to vote, to stand for election or to hold office.
Any girl over eight and under eighteen years of age who wishes to join the YWCA of Bombay
may become a Junior Member.
Responsibilities of the Members:
1. Members shall assume responsibility to understand, uphold and maintain the principles
of the Association.
2. Members shall promote and participate in all programmes of the Association.
3. Members are encouraged to participate in the training programmes organised by the
Association from time to time, to further their own understanding and effectiveness as
volunteers in the YWCA.
4. Members shall endeavour at all times to uphold the spirit of the YWCA, as well as
uphold and maintain the basic standards of the YWCA movement in all aspects of Association
How do you benefit by becoming a member?
1. Members can avail of all facilities provided by the association.
2. The organisation provides a platform for talents and resources to be used for self
development and for the development of others with whom one relates.
3. The organisation provides opportunities to work with other like minded people.
4. Every member becomes a part of the worldwide network of women and girls working for
justice, peace and the rights of all people.
For effective functioning, the membership is organised as area groups, and members are
encouraged to be part of an area group, all of which come under the YWCA of Bombay. The
following are the area groups.
As part of its advocacy programme the YWCA of Bombay also participates in campaigns and
public actions on issues of human rights, women's rights, environmental issues and
A MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM must be completed (This cannot be done online). Apart from
personal information that is requested for, and an undertaking that the applicant signs, a
introduction is required to be made by an existing member.
Click here to view the MEMBERSHIP
APPLICATION FORM page